Millers Flat was named after Walter Miller,
who farmed in the area from about 1849.
Millers Flat is located on the banks of the Clutha River in the Teviot Valley
and has many fishing spots.
Fruit growing is the main industry in the area with many orchards in the area.
Millers Flat has a solar heated swimming pool, tennis courts, bowling green, playgrounds, picnic area's, library and churches.
Close to Millers Flat are The Lonely Graves, Horseshoe Bend Walkway, Millennium Walkway which goes from Raes Junction to Millers Flat.
The Lonely Graves at Miller's Flat, By Mike Cowdrey, 4th January 2008
The story goes according to popular legend that back in February 1865, a local man named William Rigney found a shivering dog beside the dead body of a young man washed up at horseshoe bend. The young man's body had been washed down the Clutha River after a storm during the Gold Rush days back in 1865. The Pine headboard was inscribed with these words burned on: "Somebody's Darling Lies Buried Here". When Mr.William Rigney died in 1912, he was buried alongside as he had wished. His headstone was engraved with these words: "Here lies William Rigney, the man who buried Somebody's Darling." ..More..